The Types Air Conditioning You Can Find In Gold Coast
By Jose Grimbot
Air conditioning is a necessary part of any building, regardless of the size. Most offices, commercial properties, cafes and even public places use an air conditioning system. Since the sizes of the buildings vary, these air conditioning systems are of different features and sizes. This makes it possible for them to meet such diverse applications.
The notable difference between the air conditioning systems is the type of heating and cooling capacities, and the setups and layouts they have. The amazing thing is that each category has numerous configurations.
All the air conditioning devices have a basic underlying technology. The indoor units are either wall-mounted or ceiling-mounted. But their use is very different.
Nevertheless, the primary types of Commercial Air conditioning Gold Coast offers are:
- Single Split System
- Multi-Split System
- VRF or VRV System
Since this type of commercial air conditioning systems have very different applications, let’s look at them individually.
Split System Air Conditioning
These are small-sized air conditioning systems. Their small size makes them suitable for small commercial buildings. If such buildings have small offices, server rooms or shops, this system can provide sufficient heating and cooling to each of these rooms.
You can use multiple numbers of these air conditioning systems to serve various rooms or large-sized rooms. However, to achieve this, you’ll need to have enough external space to accommodate a single outdoor unit for each indoor unit.
The advantages of these systems are:
- Cheap hence affordable.
- When you install multiple Split Systems, they work independent of each other, such that if one of them fails, the others will still work, as compared to having a central system.
- These systems are energy efficient
- Versatile hence, they can be used for all kinds of applications within a small business.
Multi-Split System Air Conditioning
The similarity between this system and the single splits is high. The only difference is that you can connect multiple (up to 9) indoor units to a single outdoor unit. Considering their vast size, these systems can be used in large spaces such as restaurants.
The advantages of this system are:
- Can preserve the appearance of the external space of your building since you’ll only use a few outdoor units. This feature gives them an edge over the single split system.
- You can use more than one type of indoor units. You use both the wall and the ceiling-mounted units of air conditioning. You also can use ain air curtain over the entrance.
Note that this system is more complex and will require more ducting.
VRF/VRV Air Conditioning
These initials stand for variable refrigerant flow and variable refrigerant volume, respectively. They mean the same thing.
This commercial air conditioning system works for applications that are either medium or large-sized, e.g., hotels.
So far, this is the most reliable system. It is easy to control, efficient and can meet the heating and cooling needs of even the most significant buildings. What’s more, is that installation times are very low thus reduces the disruption time
These systems are divided into two categories:
- Heat pump: this type is excellent for open places as they can provide either cooling or heating to a building at any time. More so, buildings with numerous rooms can use them.
- Heat recovery: these kinds are unique in the sense that they can provide heating and cooling simultaneously to different areas at the same time. This feature makes them the best types for a large building with multiple smaller rooms.
For your company’s air conditioning needs, contact Hinterland’s commercial air conditioning department.